Dear Colorado Dealer:
Summer’s end is in sight. School is already beginning in many Colorado communities, and your Colorado Automobile Dealers Association is already planning activities and events through the end of the year. It’s hard to think about fall when we’ve just had a great summer’s afternoon of golf!
In the Rearview Mirror
The 11th Annual CADA Golf Event on Monday, July 27th at The Club at Rolling Hills in Golden was a great success with about 100 dealer members, allied and endorsed providers participating. The club itself was simply breathtaking, scenically located up against the foothills, and the J. Press Maxwell championship course was challenging. And, most importantly, there were a lot of good conversation and food and libations to make everybody feel welcome.
Our event sponsors provided some great door prizes including golf bags, clubs, Broncos football tickets and gift cards. A big round of applause goes to:
- Presenting sponsor: EKS&H
- Awards reception sponsor: UniFirst
- Bag tags sponsor: American Fidelity Assurance Company
- Box lunch sponsor: DealerTrack Technologies
- Challenge hole sponsors: Bank of America-Merrill Lynch and Wells Fargo Insurance
- Hospitality station sponsors: Comcast Spotlight and American Financial & Automotive Services, Inc.
- Beverage stops sponsor: Colorado Broadcasters Association
- Beverage cart sponsor: Federated Insurance
- Putting contest sponsor: Spiffit
- Hole sponsors: 9News, Abra Auto Body & Glass, Auto/Mate Dealership Systems, Brede Exposition Services, Dealer Vault, EKS&H, HCC Surety, UniFirst, TrueCar, US Bank, Cars.com, Trailer Source, Security Service Federal Credit Union and CADA Insurance Services
The 2015 Championship-winning team included Alex Jannicelli, Sr. (Colorado Chrysler Jeep); Alex Jannicelli, III (Brandon Dodge on Broadway); Brandon Moreland (Brandon Dodge on Broadway); and Josh Welch (Colorado Chrysler Jeep). Alex Janicelli, III came closest to the pin for the men and Ashley Puckett (Cars.com) was the women’s winner. Sherry Arnold (DealerTrack) was the top driver among the women and the men’s champ was Austin Wood (son of Brent Wood - Larry H. Miller Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram on 104th in Thornton).
Thanks to Marsha Ferm and the entire CADA staff who put together such a great event.
Next Generation Dealers Event “Taking Orbit”
As we reported last month, CADA is making a concerted, deliberate effort to engage younger automotive leaders – dealer principals/owners and top-level dealership managers 45 and under – and encourage their participation. The Next Generation Dealers group will meet on August 20th from 5-8 p.m. at the Forney Transportation Museum, 4303 Brighton Boulevard, in Denver’s River North (RiNo) neighborhood. This second event, nicknamed “Taking Orbit,” will focus on choosing leaders for the group and setting a calendar for the upcoming year. If you or someone in your dealership would like to attend, please contact Trainor Walsh at CADA email@example.com.
The Forney Museum has a fabulous transportation collection that encompasses antique automobiles, horse-drawn carriages, trains and other artifacts, which are definitely worth seeing! Register for this NextGen Dealers event at www.coloradodealers.org.
Two Important Seminars
There is still time to register for two educational events this month:
- Legal Compliance for the Service Department and Managing Safety through Good Hiring Practices (for service managers and directors, fixed-ops manager, dealer principals and general managers):
- August 25th, 7:30-10 a.m. @ DoubleTree, Durango
- August 26th, 7:30-10 a.m. @ Courtyard by Marriott, Grand Junction
- Colorado D&H and Federal Advertising Enforcement (for dealer principals, GMs, GSMs, sales managers, new and used car managers, controllers, advertising agencies, marketing managers and consultants):
- August 25th, Noon-2 p.m. @ DoubleTree, Durango
- August 26th, Noon-2 p.m. @ Courtyard by Marriott, Grand Junction
Registration fee for each seminar is $149 (1st attendee) or $129 (for all subsequent attendees from same dealership or group). To register, go to the www.coloradodealers.org or email SeminarRSVP@coloradodealers.org.
Project DC / NADA Washington Conference
The CADA Board of Directors will be holding the next Board Meeting in Washington D.C. during the NADA Washington Conference held September 27-30. This is a timely and effective legislative grassroots event held in the nation’s capitol city. The NADA Washington Conference provides a unique opportunity for our member dealers to engage Colorado’s elected congressional delegation and other key state and federal policy-makers. As in previous CADA Project D.C. events, the CADA board of directors will be involved in several receptions, dinners, group tours and other political events…all synchronized to coordinate with NADA’s national dealer events.
The 2015 CADA Regional Meetings Road Trip is coming up in October. Please make plans to attend the one closest to you. You can get more information and register by visiting http://www.coloradodealers.org/regionals.php.
- Durango/Cortez/Hesperus - October 8th, Noon @ Kennebec Cafe
- Craig/Steamboat Springs – October 9th, 8 a.m @ Rex’s American Bar & Grill
- Silverthorne – October 9th, Noon @ Old Town Steakhouse & Saloon @ Blue Spruce Inn
- Montrose/Delta/Gunnison – October 14th, 9 a.m. @ Camp Robber Cafe
- Grand Junction – October 14th, Noon @ Allen Unique Autos
- Carbondale/Rifle/Glenwood Springs – October 14th, 5 p.m. @ Hotel Colorado
- Colorado Springs – October 15th, Noon @ Garden of the Gods Club
- Pueblo – October 15th – 5:30 p.m. @ Park East Restaurant
- Eastern Colorado – October 21st – 5:30 p.m. @ Plainsman Grill – Northeastern 18 Golf Club
- Denver Metro – October 22nd, 8 a.m. @ CADA Headquarters
- Northern Colorado – October 22nd, Noon @ The Ranch Events Complex
- Longmont/Boulder – October 22nds, 5:30 p.m. @ Colterra Food & Wine
Save the Date
Please be sure to put this amazing event on your calendar now: CADA’s Annual Meeting will be held on Friday, November 20th at the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. We hope to see everyone at the annual meeting held at one of the most beautiful resorts in the nation
The Dealer Election Action Committee (DEAC) President’s Club Appreciation Dinner will precede the annual meeting on the evening of November 19th, also at the Broadmoor. The DEAC is CADA’s PAC and is comprised of CADA members who have made donations of $5,000 or more and subsequent yearly donations of $2,500 or more. The DEAC is one of the top five PACs in the country. In the upcoming election year, their support of CADA’s important political initiatives will be even more critical.